Managing your communication and data privacy preferences
Newer versions of software (released after 25 May 2018) offer a more granular control of your privacy settings directly in your Pix4D account.
If you choose to continue using previous versions of our software, some personal data might still be shared with Pix4D. To avoid this, please update to the latest version of the software.
If you are not able to update at this point, you may update your preferences manually. This process is slightly different for each product, as described below.
Update communications preferences: We want to make sure that we only contact you when you want to hear from us. Set you communication preferences here.
- Preferences in Pix4Dcapture: Versions of Pix4Dcapture (from 4.2.1 Android and 3.1.0 iOS) allow you to easily set your communications and data privacy preferences. If you are using an older version, update the app for free. These latest versions will be in the respective stores as soon as possible.
- Pix4D software: If you have a subscription or a perpetual license to Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dbim, or Pix4Dag, you will be prompted to choose your communication and privacy preferences when you open the Pix4D Cloud platform. You can access and modify your preferences any time at account.pix4d.com/privacy.
- If you are using ONLY the desktop version of Pix4D software, to control your how you want to share your personal analytics and diagnostic preferences, you must update to version 4.3.12 of the desktop software (available next week), or choose to wait until the stable version is released (this is currently scheduled for July 2018, and you will be notified when it is released).
- If you have held a perpetual license for more than a year and your support and upgrade extension is expired, there will be a charge to update the software. If you’re not sure if updating is the right choice for you, you can always reach our Sales team (email@example.com).
How to opt out of sharing personalized analytics and diagnostics with Pix4D in older software versions
If you’re not ready to update your desktop software for whatever reason, you can manually opt out of sharing personalized analytics and diagnostics with our development teams.
Please note, when you eventually update your software, you will be prompted to re-enter your preferences.
If you are using a version of Pix4D Desktop prior to 4.3.11 , you can opt out of data sharing manually. Updating your preferences is simple:
- In the program’s menu bar, click Help > Settings, and select the Help Improving the Software tab.
- Uncheck Help Improving the Software, then select Ok.
- Restart the program for the changes to take effect.
For more details, visit our Support site.
More details can be found on Privacy and Data page, and you can email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.